Kidz Central Christian Academy
Hours of Operation:
- Monday thru Friday from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
- The center will be closed in observation of the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day. If the holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, it will then be observed the day prior to or the day after the holiday.
- It is our intention to promote interaction with our child. We encourage parents to visit, participate in, and become part of our program. Our open door policy encourages you to become involved in your child’s world.
- Kidz Central enrolls children ages 6 weeks to 4 years for childcare services and children 5 years to 12 years for our school-age summer program.
- Enrollment is based on a first come, first serve basis.
- Each class has limited enrollment in full-time slots only.
- New students are accepted on a space available basis only.
- Kidz Central admits students of any race, creed, color, national or ethnic origin. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational plan.
Waiting List Policy:
- If there are no slots available at the time of anticipated enrollment, the child will be placed on a waiting list. The waiting list will also be a first come, first serve basis.
- Completed Child Enrollment Forms
- Alabama Immunization Certificate
- Emergency Information
- Notice of Exemption
- Medical Report from Doctor
- Medication will only be given to children after the parent has completed a medication authorization form. These forms are located in the office and outside the office door.
- A new medication authorization form must be filled out every week; no medication can be dispensed without a proper form.
- No medication will be given to a child whose name is not listed by the pharmacist on the prescription bottle.
- Minimum Standards require that all medication be in their original container and be properly labeled.
- All medications must be picked up at the end of the day.
- If a child has a temperature of 101 degrees or higher, the parent will be notified and asked to pick up the child.
- The child will not be permitted to return to the center until the fever has been below 101 degrees for 24 hours or the child has a doctor’s note.
- Any child exhibiting signs of illness such as lethargy, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, irritability or the inability to participate in class activities must be picked up from the center.
- Parents are expected to notify the Center if their child has contacted a communicable disease. The center will notify parents if their child has been exposed to a communicable disease with in the center.
- In the event of a medical emergency, the Center will seek prompt medical attention and the parent or emergency contact will be notified immediately.
- Discipline shall be consisten and fair.
- Children not conforming to the rules will be isolated from the group for a “thinking time”.
- If “thinking time” is not effective, the child will be brought to the office.
- Children will not be permitted to abuse another child or destroy property.
- Children will not be permitted to be disrespectful to the teacher or any staff member.
- The Center has a legal responsibility to report any suspected cases of child abuse to Child Protective Services/Department of Family and Children Services.
Personal Items At The Center:
- The Center is not responsibile for lost or broken personal property. The Center request that you label all items brought into the center with your child’s name.
- Our center doors are locked all the time. There are cameras located in various places around the campus that are monitored in the Church office. Any individual who is unfamiliar will not be allowed inside the building until proper identification and authroization has been obtained.
- Please help us by abiding by the following: 1) All children must be walked to the classroom by an adult. 2) Be prepared to present proper identification, such as your driver’s license, to the office when picking up your child or children.
- If sending another person to pick up your child or children, please abide by the following procedures: 1) If the person is already listed in your child’s file, he or she must present a picture ID to the office upon entering the building. 2) If you wish for someone that is not in the file to pick up your child from the Center, you must call the Center and give the name of the person to the office. A picture ID is required.
Parents are expected to notify the Center, in writing, of any change of name, address, phone number, place of employment or pediatrician. The Center must be able to contact you or another responsible adult in case of any emergency. We must have local phone numbers to reach you in case of an emergency. This is extremely important!